Who can apply?
Here are some of the principal requirements:
- The PhD student must have been admitted to a German higher education institution and the student’s PhD thesis must be submitted to that institution. In this case, the student’s nationality does not matter.
- The student should have graduated within the last three years and have obtained an above-average degree.
- The doctoral project should be ambitious and innovative and possible to complete within three years.
- Proper supervision by the student’s higher education institution is expected.
- Advantageous are extracurricular interests and social engagement on the part of the student.
Substantial financial support
Scholarship holders receive a monthly grant of 1,150 euros and a monthly lump sum of 100 euros to cover research expenses. Supplementary family and childcare allowances are also available.
Are there deadlines for the submission of applications?
Applications can be submitted at any time. They must be made together with the student’s supervisor.
Interested in a German National Merit Foundation PhD Scholarship? More information is available on the foundation’s website (only in German): www.studienstiftung.de