This article was published in our newsletter. Sign up here.
Are you a highly-qualified young researcher wishing to do a PhD in Germany on current environmental and conservation problems? Do you hope that your work will contribute to solving these problems? Then apply to the Federal Foundation for the Environment for a doctoral scholarship .
Every year, the Federal Foundation for the Environment awards 60 doctoral scholarships to young researchers in all disciplines who are working on a doctoral thesis that will advance research in the area of environmental protection.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- Applicants should not yet have started their doctoral thesis
- Applicants should have an above-average university degree
- The topic chosen for the doctoral thesis is expected to be of high relevance and able to contribute to solving problems in environmental and conservation efforts
What form does funding take?
- The doctoral scholarships are provided for a maximum period of three years
- The scholarship provides for a monthly stipend of 940 euros
- In addition to this stipend, a monthly sum of 210 euros is paid to cover any material and travel costs
- Scholarship holders with children can receive a child allowance
The next closing date for applications is on 15 January 2016.