Who can apply?
The foreign scholarship programme is aimed at foreign postgraduates and doctoral students who have already completed a degree in their home country and wish to undertake a further course of study (postgraduate course or master’s degree), a doctoral degree or a period of research lasting at least two semesters at a German university.
Which requirements must be met?
- provide evidence of above-average academic achievement,
- have a broad general education and a keen interest in political affairs,
- show a positive basic attitude towards democracy and human rights,
- have already demonstrated their active commitment to helping other people and society on a voluntary basis in their home country,
- be able to develop their own views and show tolerance towards those who think differently
What form does funding take?
- Graduates, i.e. students pursuing a master’s degree or postgraduate programme, receive a monthly scholarship of 750 euros. This scholarship is usually granted for a period of two years.
- Doctoral students receive a monthly scholarship of 920 euros. This scholarship is usually granted for a period of three years.
- Additional allowances and subsidies may be granted to cover costs such as health and nursing care insurance or certain family members accompanying the scholarship holder
- Furthermore, scholarship holders become part of an active and thriving network
The closing date for applications is 15 July 2016.
More information can be found on the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung website:
www.kas.de > Sponsorship Program for Foreign Students