German higher education and research enjoys an excellent reputation worldwide and is known for its outstanding conditions. Are you an academic from abroad with above-average qualifications? Would you like to spend an extended period of time conducting research in Germany? Are you in the early stages of your academic career and completed your doctoral degree no longer than four years ago? Then apply for a Humboldt Research Fellowship for postdoctoral researchers. The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation provides funding for research projects in cooperation with an academic host of the applicant’s choice at a research institution in Germany. Researchers from all countries and disciplines can apply.
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- Applicants must have already completed a doctoral degree, but not more than four years prior to the date of application
- Applicants must provide evidence of academic publications
- Applicants must have confirmation from an academic host at a research institution in Germany
- Applicants must have a good command of German or English
What form does funding take?
Fellows enjoy the following benefits:
- They receive a monthly stipend of 2,650 euros
- They can apply for a travel cost allowance
- Researchers with families may be entitled to additional family allowances
- Fellows can apply for a Europe allowance towards the costs of a limited period of research at a research institution in another European country during the fellowship period
When can applications be submitted?
Applications can be sent to the Humboldt Foundation online at any time. They should reach the foundation at least four to seven months prior to the desired starting date.
More information about terms and conditions and about the application process can be found here: www.humboldt-foundation.de > Humboldt Research Fellowship for Postdoctoral Researchers