Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- Applicants should already have completed a doctorate and be working at a university or research institution in their home country
- They must have agreed on their research project with an academic host institution in Germany
- Depending on the project and discipline in question, a good command of German may be required
What form does funding take?
- Assistant researchers, assistant professors and lecturers receive a monthly stipend of 2,000 euros
- Professors receive a monthly stipend of 2,150 euros
- Travel allowances will be granted if travel costs are not to be paid by the applicant’s home country or any other party
Funding is provided for up to three months. It depends on the project and the planned work and will be decided by the selection committee.
By when do I have to apply?
The application details vary from country to country. For country-specific information on dates and deadlines please check the programme website. Please visit the DAAD Funding Database, choose "Faculty" and then select "DAAD funding programmes only": www.funding-guide.de