The international campaigns of the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) foster innovation by supporting international cooperation with nations of high research and technology potential.
Each campaign is dedicated to a priority topic or a partner nation and invites relevant top-class research networks based in Germany to showcase their projects, technologies and innovation competence abroad. This allows the networks to meet international partners and forge bonds to advance research and technology and develop solutions for pressing challenges of the future.
Since 2006, the BMBF has successfully implemented the following eight campaigns and funded 82 research networks under the brand Research in Germany.
- Building the City of Tomorrow (2016-2018)
- Russia and Germany (2012-2014)
- Medical Technology (2011-2013)
- Production Technology (2011-2012)
- India and Germany (2008-2010)
- Green Technology (2008-2009)
- Nanotechnology (2008-2009)
- Korea and Germany (2006-2008)