Transatlantic initiative to increase the visibility of German system solutions for urban resilience and security
|Institution||Fraunhofer Institute for High-Speed Dynamics Ernst-Mach-Institut (EMI)|
|Network manager||Daniel Hiller|
|Thematic focus|| |
|Target groups|| |
What we offer
We are Europe’s largest organization for applied research and offer high class expertise in translating industry demands into tailor-made research projects on various levels of technology readiness. We also offer extensive track records in designing and managing large international research initiatives and projects.
We are looking for exchanges of ideas with urban planners, decision-makers, infrastructure operators and research communities. Furthermore, we would like to identify potential research partners in the United States for joint research activities.
Smart city challenges addressed
- Complexity and vulnerability of smart, interconnected urban infrastructure
- Preparing urban areas for unexpected adverse events
- Enabling various stakeholder groups to successfully implement resilience solutions and concepts
Smart city solutions offered
- Smart city solutions in the field of urban resilience for potential partners
- Tools for urban resilience planning and resilience management
- User-friendly software solutions and innovative planning methods for increasing the robustness of urban infrastructures against multiple hazards