Call for the set-up of a European Network of Apprentices (Expert Group)
Deadline: 9 April, 2017
Since many clusters have on their agenda issues related to Vocational Education and Training, we publish this call here, as it may be of interest for their cluster members:
This Expert Group ("European Network of Apprentices") is proposed in partnership with OBESSU and the European Commission to make sure that the voice of young apprentices is heard in discussions related to Vocational Education and Training, in particular for apprenticeships. This call is also open to non-members of the European Youth Forum. Apprentices are heavily encouraged to apply.
Role of the Network:
- To develop the views of young people on apprenticeships through exchanging experiences and best practices, discussing challenges, sharing information on important educational and employment policies and research developments on apprenticeships.
- To function as an informal consultative body of the European Commission on apprenticeships, particularly for the Commission's European Alliance for Apprenticeships (EAfA), by providing input to EC proposals/ initiatives, events, EAfA meetings, etc.
- To facilitate contacts between youth organisations and other actors of apprenticeships
- To develop a concrete proposal for a larger and more consolidated European Network of Apprentices, as of 2019.
- To attend and contribute to meetings of the European Commission and EU Presidencies on apprenticeships and VET (Vocational Education and Training)
For more information on the selection criteria, duration, number of participants and other relevant information, please see here.