Senior researchers in all disciplines can carry out their own long-term research project in collaboration with an academic host of their choice at a research institution in Germany.
Who can apply?
Senior researchers who
- do not live and work in Germany
- have excellent qualifications and a doctorate or a comparable academic degree completed less than 12 years ago
- already have their own research profile documented by a comprehensive list of academic publications that have been peer-reviewed according to international standards
- have several years of independent research experience
- have a good knowledge of German or English
Applicants must present a confirmation that research facilities are available, as well as a mentoring agreement and a detailed expert’s statement by an academic host at a research institution in Germany.
Type and extent of funding
Fellowship of 3,150 euros per month plus language course, travel expenses, family allowances, extensive alumni sponsorship and allowance for research costs (for the host institution).
6 to 18 months, can be divided up into a maximum of 3 blocks within 3 years.
Applications can be submitted online at any time. You can access the online application form on the programme website (see link below).