Applicants wishing to advance their work at a European host institution should be able to demonstrate an outstanding academic track record. Applications to the ERC are not restricted in subject and can be submitted by researchers in all disciplines.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- significant research achievements in the past ten years
- depending on specialist field: several publications as lead author in major international journals, monographs, patents, conference presentations, research expeditions, involvement in the organisation of international conferences and recognition in the form of academic awards of memberships in renowned academies
- applications must be submitted jointly with an institution in an EU Member State or associated state
What form does funding take?
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
- a maximum of 2.5 million euros for a period of five years
- in exceptional cases, up to 1 million euros in additional funding on a one-off basis
When is the closing date for applications?
Applications can be submitted until 29 August 2019.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here: