This article was published in our September 2018 newsletter. Sign up here.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- only applicants can be considered who are under the age of 29 when they obtain the university qualification that entitles them to begin a PhD
- university degree final grade of 1.5 or better (according to the German grading system)
- foreign degrees will be reviewed separately by the foundation to determine eligibility for selection
- law degree grades will likewise be reviewed separately
What form does funding take?
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
- funding is provided for a period of two years
- the basic monthly stipend is 1,400 euros
- additional benefits such as international and family grants, as well as funding to cover travel and material costs, may be provided on application
When is the closing date for applications?
Applications for a PhD scholarship can be submitted at any time.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here: