This article was published in our September 2018 newsletter. Sign up here.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- the programme is targeted at postdocs on their way to a full professorship or tenured position
- an outstanding doctorate completed as a rule no more than five years ago
- relevant research experience as demonstrated by excellent publications and, if applicable, successful acquisition of third-party funding
- your project should show the highest academic and methodological quality and originality and should solve a current academic, social, ecological or economic problem
What form does funding take?
The main benefits are as follows:
- the Leibniz Junior Research Group is supported with up to 1.7 million euros in funding to cover personnel and equipment costs, among other things
- you are free to use the infrastructure and administrative structures of the host institution
- funding is provided for a period of five years
When is the closing date for applications?
Candidates wishing to obtain funding from 2020 should contact the Leibniz Institute of their choice in the early autumn of 2018 at the latest.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here: