"This article was published in our May 2018 newsletter". Sign up here.
The DZHK is dedicated to improving health and medical care and driving forward the diagnosis and prevention of cardiovascular diseases. In addition, it provides funding of up to 250,000 euros per year for Junior Research Groups based at one of its 28 partner institutions.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- scientists must have completed a PhD not longer than six years previously, medical graduates must have completed their state examination (or an equivalent first professional degree in medicine) not longer than eight years previously
- an interest in translating new approaches in cardiovascular research as rapidly as possible into clinical practice
- scientific excellence and an outstanding research project
- at least two years of postdoctoral work experience at the start of funding
- at least two years of research experience outside Germany
What form does funding take?
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
- up to five years of funding of up to 250,000 euros per year for the Junior Research Group
- the DZHK partner institution makes available the basic equipment such as a lab and office space
When is the closing date for applications?
The current round of applications runs from now until 30 June 2018.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here: