"This article was published in our June 2018 newsletter". Sign up here.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- international researchers from all countries and disciplines can apply
- PhD with outstanding results
- excellent academic track record demonstrated by an extensive list of independent academic publications
- support from a host research institution in Germany
What form does funding take?
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
- the price money of up to 1.65 million euros enables winners to set up an independent junior research group at a research institution in Germany
- winners can concentrate on their innovative and high-level projects, free from any administrative constraints, for a period of five years
When is the closing date for applications?
Applications can be submitted from now until 31 July 2018.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here:
www.humboldt-foundation.de > Sofja Kovalevskaja Award