"This article was published in our January 2018 newsletter". Sign up here.
Then you may have the opportunity to apply for a scholarship from the Evonik Foundation. Scholarships are awarded within the framework of an annual scholarship focus. The focus for 2018 is organosilicones. Applications are welcome from young researchers of all nationalities.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- research subject must tie in with the year’s thematic scholarship focus
- scientific research pursued in a renowned working group with a chemistry focus at a German university or non-university research institution
- outstanding academic track record
- the desired academic training must not already be sufficiently funded by the applicant’s own resources or by contributions from parents or third parties
What form does funding take?
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
- diploma and master’s theses: six months, 250 to 600 euros per month
- doctoral programmes: two years (option to extend), 1,400 euros per month
- additional applications can be made for funding to purchase specialist literature and to attend scientific conferences
- postdoctoral studies: one year’s funding is decided on a case-by-case basis
Each scholarship holder is assigned a mentor from the Evonik Group to provide supervision, both personal and with regard to content.
When is the closing date for applications?
The closing date for applications is 28 February 2018.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here:
www.evonik-stiftung.de > Evonik Stiftung Scholarship