This article was published in our August 2018 newsletter. Sign up here.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- maximum age: 35
- excellent academic accomplishments; at least one letter of recommendation must be submitted
- the application process differs according to location: international applicants submit their applications to the cooperating science and research institutions in their country; the way applicants are preselected by the academic partners may differ from place to place
- young scientists who live in countries where the meetings have no academic partner can submit open applications directly to the Council; this also applies to young scientists who are studying or conducting research in a country where the meetings have one or more official academic partners but who cannot get nominated because of their nationality
What form does funding take?
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
- one-time participation in the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting (30 June to 5 July 2019)
- conference costs covered; travel expenses are not normally covered
- after the event: inclusion in the Lindau Alumni Network
When is the closing date for applications?
The academic partners nominate their candidates for the meeting between late September and early November 2018. Young scientists seeking nomination should therefore contact their local academic partner before October. Open applications can be submitted from 21 September to 18 October 2018.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here:
www.lindau-nobel.org > Meetings