Funding for international PhD students from the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung
"This article was published in our October 2017 newsletter". Sign up here.
Would you like to broaden your international network and present and discuss your work at doctoral colloquia? Would you like the opportunity to present the results of your work at symposia and obtain high-quality feedback? Then apply for a doctoral scholarship from the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung. The foundation provides funding for all subjects apart from medicine.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- already accepted for a PhD programme in Germany
- an above-average university degree, completed within a short period of time
- the academic project should make a significant contribution to research
- considerable social engagement
- evidence of an adequate command of German
What form does funding take?
Scholarship holders receive a sum of 1,200 euros per month. The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung provides funding for an average period of three years. A longer funding period may be approved in justified cases.
When is the closing date for applications?
Applications can be submitted at any time.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here:
www.fes.de > Promotionsförderung für Ausländer_innen (only in German)