"This article was published in our August 2017 newsletter". Sign up here.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- rapidly completed academic training including doctoral degree
- two to four years postdoc experience
- international research experience
- outstanding publications in high-ranking international journals
- an excellent research project
What form does funding take?
Support is normally provided for five years (and for six years from 1 January 2018) and includes all funding necessary for the young research group and its research project. This includes in particular:
- the project leader post
- project-specific funding to cover project costs and staff, as well as investments for the research project
- in the case of clinicians who are tied up in the research project: funding for staff to take over their regular duties
In addition, funding is available to support exchange with other researchers in Germany and abroad, project-specific workshops and presentation of research results to the general public.
When does the next round of applications begin?
Applications can be submitted at any time.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here:
www.dfg.de > Emmy Noether Programme