"This article was published in our April 2017 newsletter". Sign up here.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- maximum age of 40
- studies pursued quickly and efficiently
- above-average research results
- trade union or social policy engagement
- enrolment on a PhD programme at a state or state-recognised university in Germany. In justified exceptional cases, a PhD programme abroad may be possible
- PhD project with social policy relevance
What form does funding take?
As a rule, funding is provided for two years. In justified cases, funding can be extended up to a maximum period of three years. Scholarship holders receive 1,350 euros per month. In addition, the Hans Böckler Foundation provides a monthly lump sum payment of 100 euros to cover the costs of research, and funds research periods, conferences and language courses abroad. Events and seminars offer scholarship holders the chance to acquire additional qualifications.
When is the closing date for applications?
The next closing date for applications is 1 June 2017.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here:
www.boeckler.de > Für einen kompetenten wissenschaftlichen Nachwuchs (only in German)