Development-Related Postgraduate Courses
This article was published in our newsletter. Sign up here.
Are you a young professional from a developing country or emerging economy? Do you wish to pursue a Master’s degree or PhD at a German university? Then apply for a scholarship from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) for a development-related postgraduate course. Through these courses, the DAAD supports foreign graduates from developing countries and emerging economies in a wide range of academic subjects.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- at least two years of work experience
- citizenship of a developing country or emerging economy
- most recent academic qualification should ideally not have been completed more than six years ago
- language skills necessary for the respective postgraduate course
What form does funding take?
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
- monthly stipend, depending on educational level, of 750 euros for graduates and 1,000 euros for doctoral students
- health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- travel allowance, unless travel costs are paid by the scholarship holder’s home country or a third party
The duration of funding depends on the course in question and is generally twelve to 36 months.
When is the closing date for applications?
The closing date for applications depends on the course in question.
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here: