Registration Process and Technical Requirements
Please note that you must register in advance for each webinar you wish to attend. Once you register, you will receive confirmation by e-mail. An additional e-mail with the URL link required for participating in the webinar will be sent to you sometime shortly before the webinar. Make sure you save that e-mail as you will need it later.
Keep in mind that when you participate in a webinar session there are usually many other people participating as well. That means it is important to be at your computer and ready to go when the session begins.
- Have the email with the URL and the login instructions handy.
- Five to ten minutes before the session starts, log in by going to the URL that was sent to you via email.
We always schedule in CE(S)T – Central European (Summer) Time – so please check in advance at which local time have to log into the webinar. You can calculate the time difference here.
To attend a webinar, all you need is your computer, a compatible web browser, a broadband Internet connection (T1, cable, DSL, or corporate LAN), a media player (e.g. Adobe Flash Player 11.3) and speakers (or headphones) so that you can listen to the audio portion of the session.
Setting up your audio connection
As an attendee, you have the option to listen to the audio portion of the webinar using computer audio (VoIP or Voice over Internet Protocol).
Both the audio and video signals are streamed to your computer. Please note the following:
- Your computer must have sound capability and speakers or headphones in order for you to hear the audio. Check your computer’s volume controls to make sure the audio signal is not muted.
- The quality of your audio connection can vary depending on your Internet connection. Therefore, you might experience intermittent audio in some cases.
- We also advise you to use headphones, as this often improves the sound quality