Research in Germany at the 47th Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuroscience
- 12 Nov 20172017-11-12T09:41:00 - 15 Nov 2017 2017-11-15T09:41:56
- German Research Foundation (DFG)
- Washington D.C. USA
The “Research in Germany” initiative will once again participate in the annual meeting of the Society for Neuroscience (SfN), the largest international conference in neuroscience, and exhibit as part of a large joint booth titled “Neuroscience in Germany”.
In addition to providing information on research and funding opportunities in Germany, the joint booth will also be a platform to exchange research and job interests, since the staff onsite will include representatives from
- German Clusters of Excellence in Neuroscience (LMU Munich and the University of Freiburg)
- the Einstein Center for Neuroscience (Berlin)
- the Hertie Institute for Clinical Brain Research (HIH)
- the German Graduate Schools for Neuroscience
- the Bernstein Center for Computational Neuroscience and
- the German Center for Research and Innovation (GCRI)
- the Max-Planck Society
along with the “Research in Germany” participants: the American Friends of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (AvH), the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), and the German Research Foundation (DFG).
During the conference, participants interested in the German research landscape as well as funding and research opportunities can visit the “Neuroscience in Germany” booth #3523 in the exhibit hall.
Additionally, the “Research in Germany” initiative is organizing the following events to take place at this year’s SfN:
- Monday, Nov. 13, 6:30-7:30 pm (Washington Plaza Hotel, National Ballroom A)
DFG Leibniz Lecture with Prof. Dr. Frank Bradke: “Mechanisms of Axon Growth and Regeneration”
- Monday, Nov. 13, 7:30-10:00 pm (Washington Plaza Hotel, National Ballroom B)
Neuroscience in Germany XXIV Social
DFG North America